CLIMATE AND BEAUTY
The island enjoys a mild tropical maritime climate throughout the year. Nature lovers will be blissed out with the existing exceptional environment, white sandy beaches, varied inland landscapes with waterfalls, as well as a diversified flora and fauna. Golf lovers can play during any season of the year on the eight international calibre golf courses.
INVEST IN MAURITIUS SOCIAL, POLITICAL STABILITY AND SECURITY
- Often cited as an example around the world, Mauritius is known for its peaceful, multi-ethnic and multi-faith nation.
- The island is considered as the safest country in the Indian Ocean and its low crime rate makes it the ideal home away from home.
- Mauritius possesses a stable political and social climate.
- Solid institutions, based on the British democratic models, contribute to the country’s well being.
EASE OF DOING BUSINESS AND GOOD GOVERNANCE
- A solid reputation with its exceptional quality of life and its regulatory environment, which is favourable for doing business.
ATTRACTIVE TAX SYSTEM
- 15% income tax rate.
- No wealth tax.
- Tax-free dividends.
BECOMING A RESIDENT
- You can obtain a resident permit on purchase of a property worth more than USD 375,000.
- The resident permit is valid for a period of three years as long as you are still the owner of the property.
- Following these three years, you can obtain a resident permit valid for a 10-year period. LEGAL
FRAMEWORK AND OTHER FACILITIES
- Improved framework for personal data protection.
- Asset protection – offshore.
- Set-up and operating facilities.
- Bilingual (English/French) and skilled workforce.
- Secured banking and telecommunication system.
- Appropriate legal framework with solid institutions.